No products in the quote yet.
Application: BETA-SKIM Weir Skimmers are a floating, suction type skimmer for removing oils and fuels from the water surface. Designed to be used in ponds, lakes, dams, rivers, harbors and marinas. New Zealand made and built to last.
- These tough skimmers use a self-adjusting weir that floats and finds the oil/water interface and permits the surface layer (oil) to be drawn over the weir and into the bowl.
- Ideal for use with self-priming, ‘suction’ type pumps in all types of spill recovery and other environmental and industrial applications.
- Connection to suction hose via 1″ standard male camlock fitting.
- Specially designed polyethylene floating ring (no concertina required) that automatically re-adjusts the skimming depth to match pumping rate and oil thickness.
- Can operate in shallow water (150mm minimum depth)
- Built in trash screen to prevent larger sticks, leaves and debris from entering the weir.
- Compact, lightweight design can easily deployed and operated by one person.
- Works well with a range of oils, high and low viscosity.
- Recovers up to 6000 litres/hour of oil.
- For oil spill recovery, the spill should be contained and ‘thickened’ with the use of a boom. The skimmer can then be placed where the oil is thickest.
Dimensions approx: 95cm (W) x 95cm (D) x 35cm (H)
Weight: 16 kg
Shipping Dimensions: 100cm (W) x 90cm (D) x 38cm (H)
Shipping Weight: 18 kg